If you haven't been to The Cabin recently, we wanted to pass along an update on a number of improvements and updates that have been made since EHMI's purchase of The Cabin in April:
- The outhouse has been completely cleaned and repainted! A new toilet seat has been installed and there is a battery-operated light inside.
- The original "EAST HAVEN 1989" sign has been replaced.
- The interior of The Cabin has gotten a recent deep clean, vacuum and has been reorganized to allow for more room for personal items and gear.
- Cabinets have been emptied for food storage during your visit. We ask guests to continue taking unused food with them so there is plenty of room for the next group.
- The exterior trim of The Cabin has been painted making it "pop" again when you first view it from the valley approach. This will also keep the wood from rotting.
- The gutter and cistern system has been replaced providing plenty of rainwater for the kitchen faucet (during non-freezing months) as well as making reserve pails of water available.
- The solar power system is once again working perfectly! We no longer need to use precious propane for lighting, making The Cabin safer amd more comfortable for all.
- The doors and roof on the attached wood and kindling shed have been repaired
- Signage has been installed to help visitors locate the proper trails, the outhouse, the water hole and the tent platform.
- Trails have been newly cleared and marked: 1) to the water hole, 2) tent platform, 3) outhouse and the newly named 4) "Gordon Trail" and 5) "Norman Trail".
- Views from the deck, picnic area and the outhouse have been improved by careful clearing of trees.
- The "Wood Splitter Shed" has been organized and new shelves have been built and organized for tool storage.
- Seasoned firewood has been split, stacked and hauled to the wood shed for the upcoming winter.
- Last, and by far not the least, a BRAND NEW Vermont Castings wood stove has been installed, a monumental effort having been accomplished to carry it up the mountain.
Please let us know if you would like to make a trip up to The Cabin. We are working hard to make The Cabin as wonderful an environment as possible for you to connect better with one another and our heavenly Father!